[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
Страница 1 из 11
Музыкальный форум Qside.ru » Mузыкальный форум » Drum and Bass » Genotype - Ritual Dance LP (EXITCD006) WEB 2010 (deep / techstep)
Genotype - Ritual Dance LP (EXITCD006) WEB 2010
SarcasmДата: Пятница, 22 Окт 2010, 01:06 | Сообщение # 1
Admin
Награды: 0
Статус: Offline
Медальки пользователя:

За первый Пост! За 5 Постов За 10 Постов За 20 Постов За 50 Постов

Artist / Артист: Genotype
Title / Альбом: Ritual Dance LP
Date / Дата Рлз: 10/2010
Genre / Жанр: Drum & Bass
Label / Лейбл: Exit Records
Cat# / Каталог №: EXITCD006
Tracks / Треки mp3: 11
Size / Размер: 175,9 MB
Quality / Битрейт: 320 kbps / 4410kHz / Full Stereo

Tracklist / Треклист:

1. Ritual Dance
2. Dubwiser
3. Red Energy
4. The Ital Lion (ft. Loxy)
5. Sun Time
6. Champion Dubkiller
7. Version
8. Above Politics
9. Justice Over Law
10. Stoned Zone 2
11. Dub Drive

After a lengthy break from electronic music, Genotype is back with Ritual Dance, an album of stripped back dub influenced music at approximately 170 BPM due out on Exit Records later this year.

Having started his music career in the mid nineties as Just Jungle, with releases on the massively influential labels of that era such as Moving Shadow, Renegade Hardware and Reinforced Records, it's no surprise that he's managed to capture the essence of rawness in his recent music akin to the early years of jungle. Genotype tells us more about what to expect...

You've had a lengthy break from the electronic music world, why did you have a break and what did you get up to?
The reason for the break is I wasn't liking the vibes of the music at the time. I found some tunes had no groove and was just about technology. In terms of what I was doing and what I'm doing now, I've been playing steeldrums for 25 years and I teach that in schools so that has kept me occupied.

Tell us more about the album you're releasing...
The concept can only be vibes... that's who I am and represent. This is actually my first ever solo album, not forgetting the collab with Loxy who has been a big influence on my comeback amongst others.

How did it come to be release on Exit?
I send dBridge my beats regular and one day he hit me up saying he wanted a Genotype album. Me and Darren go way back since the 90s... ask him about El Hak kebab shop and Renegade Hardware!

What's the thought process behind the title?
Most of the tunes to me have that roots tribal sound.

Who have you collaborated with on it?
Loxy, Dubphizix, Manifest, Raiden and Stealth. I learnt a lot working with these guys; different styles, techniques, vibes, nothing the same.

Got any other releases coming out soon you can tell us about?
A few things on Voodoo, Offkey, Cylon, Broken Audio Recordings, Ingredients and MindTech.

What are you working on at the moment?
A few bits of my own, and I'm gonna do a collab with Khanage and Loxy.

Anything else you want to tell us about?
I'm here to stay this time. No more lengthy breaks, I've got work to do!

Drum and bass its OK!

Музыкальный форум Qside.ru » Mузыкальный форум » Drum and Bass » Genotype - Ritual Dance LP (EXITCD006) WEB 2010 (deep / techstep)
Страница 1 из 11
Поиск: